Laos Visa & Entry Requirements
UPDATED: 28 August 2023
Laos Entry Requirements
There are a 4 ways to obtain a Laos Visa.
- You are on the very short list of visa exempt countries
- You get a Visa on arrival
- You apply for a visa online before traveling
- You apply at the embassy
2. Visa On Arrival
Upon reaching the entry point in Laos, you’ll need to approach the counter designated for visa on arrival issuance. You’ll be required to provide the following documentation:
- A valid passport with a remaining validity of at least six months.
- The Laos Visa on Arrival Form, which can be obtained either at the entry point or onboard the airplane.
- Evidence of your accommodation arrangements in Laos, such as a hotel reservation.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with dimensions of 4 cm x 6 cm.
- Adequate cash in US dollars to cover the visa fee. The visa fee ranges from USD 30 to USD 45, depending on your nationality.
In some cases you may be asked for:
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support your stay duration in Laos.
- A confirmed return ticket or proof of onward travel.
- A visa or travel documentation for your subsequent destination, if applicable.
Once you’ve submitted these documents, you’ll need to wait while your visa application is processed. Typically, after approximately 15 minutes depending on your entry point and business, your name will be called when your visa is ready. The granted visa usually allows you to stay in Laos for a maximum period of 30 days.
3. Visa Online
If you qualify for a visa on arrival in Laos, you also have the option of obtaining an online visa (eVisa) for Laos. The eVisa can be applied for via the official website, which you can find here.