Vietnam Visas – Everything You Need to Know
- Please note this blog post is based on Visa information prior to the COVID 2019 outbreak.
Struggling to keep up with e-visas, arrival visas etc? Which countries are exempt? How long do visas last? Here is a full guide on the latest visa recommendations for travel to Vietnam.
Vietnam offers visa exemptions to travellers from 24 countries, and e-Visas to travellers from 80 countries. Travellers can also easily apply for a visa on arrival online, through Wide Eyed Tours or in person at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate. Let’s go through them in detail.
Countries exempt for visa if travel is less than 15 days: Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belarus
ARRIVAL IN VIETNAM WITH VISA EXEMPTION PROCEDURE
- Head to the immigration line up to get your stamp
- After passing immigration you will proceed to the carousel to collect your luggage
- You then pass customs but this is normally a cursory check – no extra paperwork required
- Welcome to Vietnam!
WHAT IS A VIETNAM E-VISA?
The e-Visa is valid for 30 days, and is for single entry only. The e-Visa costs 25 USD and is paid by credit card through a secure online portal. It requires three full working days to process. As of February 2019, Vietnam’s e-Visa is available to nationals of 80 countries.
Before applying, make sure your clients nationality is one of those approved for Vietnam’s e-Visa.
VIETNAM E-VISA REQUIREMENTS
- A passport with six (6) months’ validity
- A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
- A passport photo in .jpg format (4×6, white background, without glasses)
- A valid international credit or debit card
- An email address for support purposes
- A temporary address within Vietnam
- Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports
VISA ON ARRIVAL AKA VOA
If your country is not covered in the above or you need a longer visa, maybe even one that allows for multiple entries and exits, you need to get a visa on arrival (VOA).
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond arrival date
- Passport has 2 blank pages for visa stamps
- $** or dong to be given at VOA counter
OPTION 1: Apply online for a VOA or at local Vietnam embassy if you have access to one
Apply for a visa on arrival (VOA) online at myvietnamvisa.com. You can complete your visa application in just a few simple steps, receive the visa approval letter by email in 3-5 working days and print out the documents to pick up the visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
OPTION 2: Order a Visa on Arrival with Wide Eyed Tours
Please request this service from your sales consultant.
For more information download our official WET VOA infographic that you can send straight to your clients or use as reference when you get those pesky Visa questions.
Please note that the following is for arrival by air only. For land border or water way crossings all non exempt countries (or exempt countries staying longer than their allocated time) HAVE TO HAVE AN ORIGINAL INVITATION LETTER or HAVE THEIR VIETNAM VISA PRIOR TO LAND BORDER ARRIVAL. Please contact us should you require any more information on this matter.