Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2018
2018 marks 10 years since the first “Danang Fireworks” and the creation of the brand name. Over the past 8 events, Danang International Fireworks Festival has constantly reinvented itself and has now developed into a world-class cultural and tourist event that is hosted on an annual basis from April to June.
Inspired by the bridges that have carved the history of Danang evolution, Danang International Fireworks Festival – DIFF 2018 is entitled “The Legend of Bridges”. This year’s event will take place from April 30th to June 30th and involves 5 spectacular fireworks nights and a series of striking, simultaneous events.
Originally an annual event when founded in 2008, the Da Nang International Fireworks Competition became a bi-annual event in 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017 over the Vietnam National Reunification Holiday which is celebrated on April 30th. From 2018, we are lucky to be able to celebrate the festival as an annual event once again!
With careful preparation, each performance is not only a symphony of sound and light with an impressive firework display but also an artistic masterpiece, illustrating the competing countries’ world-class skills against the beautiful backdrop of Vietnam’s ‘Bridge City.’
THE FIREWORK TEAMS
There are 8 teams:
- Vietnam: Team Da Nang
- USA: Team Atlas PyroVision
- Italy: Team Martarello S.R.L
- France: Tamaya Kitahara Fireworks Co., LTD Team
- Poland: Team Surex Firma Rodzinna
- Sweden: Team Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik
- Portugal: Team Luso Pirotecnia
- Hong Kong: Team Vulcan
WHERE TO HAVE THE BEST VIEW?
The festival takes place on Tran Hung Dao, the main street on the Eastern side of the Han River. Along this street and around Da Nang festivalgoers will also find a range of other attractions and events simultaneously taking place.
Fireworks explode off of a floating stage, and the local landmarks and buildings provide a stunning backdrop for the event. Tickets are available for standing views on the main stage; you can buy one here.
We recommend some other places which also offer an amazing view; please check the list below:
- Tran Hung Dao street on the Eastern side and Bach Dang street on the Western side of the Han River (NB: there is a traffic ban during firework performances).
- From the rooftop of skyscrapers or hotels, such as Novotel Da Nang, Brilliant Hotel Da Nang, Sun River Hotel, Barney’s Hostel, Blossom City and A La Carte Da Nang.
- Han River Bridge, Dragon Bridge and Tran Thi Ly Bridge. Cruises on Han river.
FIREWORK SHOWS SCHEDULE
Opening Ceremony – 8PM 30th April 2018
- Opening Ceremony
- The teams: Vietnam and Poland
Qualifying Round – 8PM 26th May 2018
- The teams: France and USA
Qualifying Round – 8PM 2nd June 2018
- The teams: Italy and Hong Kong
Qualifying Round – 8PM 9th June 2018
- The teams: Sweden and Portugal
Final Round – 8PM 30th June 2018
- Closing Ceremony & Final Round
- Top 3 DIFF awards of 2018
Besides, a series of unique events including a Street Festival and an International Food Festival, this Summer destination will also bring you a meaningful experience.
What are you waiting for? Come visit Da Nang this summer and enjoy the youthful, dynamic and hospitable atmosphere of the city!