Vietnam Entry Requirements
We are so happy to announce that Vietnam is back on your travel list! After years of waiting Vietnam is open and ready to be explored. All destinations are welcoming people from around the world with no more self-isolation. To get all the information you need on Vietnam entry requirements take a look at out helpful guide below, or send us a message to help plan your visit.
Here are the latest guidelines on visa + travel insurance you need to know before travel. Please note that information does change almost daily so we will do our best to make sure this link is up to date with every glance.
Update: 1 August 2022
1. Entry Requirements
- Proof of your valid medical/travel insurance which covers Covid-19 treatment. Minimum coverage $10,000 (More details).
- Vaccinated and non vaccinated travellers are welcomed into Vietnam without having to quarantine or test before departure or entering the country.
- Visitors must have 10 days self-monitor from entry, and notify the nearest medical facility if they experience any sign of Covid-19.
- 3S is recommended when traveling to reduce chances of getting sick, which means Surgical masks – Social distancing – Sanitising. Children under two must be accompanied by adults when travelling outdoors.
- Please call Vietnam’s Immigration Department at 024 3938 7320 if you have any question about the country new policy.
NOTE: Vietnam has become lenient with mask wearing but we recommend for your own safety and the safety of others to wear a mask when you can. A good rule to go by is to do what the locals are doing for example, if your taxi driver is wearing a mask, then do the same.
2. Vietnam Visa Exemptions
Visitors from some countries may enter Vietnam and stay for the indicated number of days with no visa required.
Check out the list below:
The full list of countries with visa exemptions can be found here.
If you want to stay in Vietnam beyond this number of days, you may apply for a visa extension upon your arrival.
3. Vietnam E-visa
If your country is not on the visa exemptions list, you can easily apply for a tourist E-visa on this website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/khai-thi-thuc-dien-tu/cap-thi-thuc-dien-tu
- Available to nationals of 80 countries, including AUS, NZ & USA.
- Valid for 30 days
- Only 3 working days processing
- Approval code sent to your email
NOTE: Please make sure you check if your country is on the approved nationals list before booking your flight.
Apply for Vietnam’s e-Visa
NOTE: Wide Eyed Tours unfortunately cannot apply for an individuals E-Visa or Visa on arrival at this time. Please follow the instructions below carefully in order to do so and let us know if you need help.
Step 1: Prepare all required materials listed below.
Step 2: Click here and go to “E-visa Issuance” then click on the link for “Outside Vietnam foreigners”.
Step 3: Upload your passport photo and passport data page:
- Fill out all the required fields on the form
- Submit form
Step 4: Finish your E-visa application:
- Pay the e-Visa fee ($25)
- Copy down the document code provided
Step 5: Within three working days you should receive your E-visa approval code via email. If not, you can search for your E-visa at this link: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc
Step 6: Use your document code to locate your e-Visa online. Download and print the E-visa in two copies for extra safety.
- All travellers with an E-visa can go directly to immigration counters at their point of entry and do not need to queue at Visa on Arrival counters.
- Don’t forget to purchase a medical or travel insurance that covers Covid-19 treatment with a minimum cover of $10,000. This typically costs about $40.